Tuesday, December 26, 2017

The one where "as for me and my stomach I'll eat my meat cooked, thank you." 12/26/2017

Hey everyone Merry Christmas!!

Words cannot express all of the feelings I've been feeling! To start, I am so so so eternally grateful for the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. This is a wonderful time of the year for people to remember Him, and all that He has done for us. And I love it! The Christmas season is a completely different experience as a missionary and it's incredible. You get to see sides of people that you never see, people are more open to speaking about Christ, and you get to feel His presence stronger than at any other time. It's the bessssst. Why can't it be like this all year!? 

So Wednesday we were able to go to a member, Schwester Sieburts for lunch and she made such good food, in such large quantities I thought I was going to die. Instead I just rolled down the stairs and down the street, who needs to walk when you can roll? After our appointment with her we went to visit another member, Schwester Haderlie, who had also made us cake. Cake!? Ah I don't know how I survived that one. We helped her with her carpets throughout her house and had some good laughs. 

Thursday we had zone conference in Zürich! It was so good to see my people again! I was able to see Sister Harwood again and for a moment it felt like we were companions again and that we had just had a week long tausch away from each other. Ahh so good. It was probably one of my favorite zone conferences, the spirit was so strong and it was so solid. President sang for us again and also we had a white elephant gift exchange, which when you have 70 broke missionaries coming together for a gift exchange in Switzerland you can't really expect much, it was funny to see what everyone put together and considered a "gift". 

Friday we had a lunch appointment with Schwester Bohland and her husband and friend. We had a great time, and again we rolled out of the appointment. We were supposed to have an appointment with Chris, one of our friends but he didn't show up.. But Schwester Jung had come to help us teach and I was able to talk to her and get to know her better. Then we had a dinner appointment with the Lopez family, but they forgot they had invited us...so we just played some games, shared a thought, and got to know them a little better. (Honestly we were glad they forgot because I don't want to eat for a week.)

Sunday we went to the famiky Kamm's for dinner and Heilige Abend. I've never eaten so much raw fish in my life and I don't plan on ever doing that again. We had a great time with this family though, we played some games, ate a ton of food, and were able to celebrate the birth of Christ. Schwester Kamm gave us each our own "smoking man" which is very German, and very cute. They are little men with incense inside and as they burn the man smokes. Typisch. 

Monday we were invited to the Wendts for brunch and games. Schwester Wendt gave us each our own chocolate fondue pots. (The members here spoil us, I love them). We read Christmas stories, sang songs, and then for our thought we read the Living Christ together and talked about who Christ is for us. After the Wendts we went to President Wolfarts home and ate raclette with his family and the Aarou elders. And we Skyped home! It was so good to see the fam and talk to everyone. Ahh my heart is full. 

Today we took some good naps and then went to the Daums for raclette and games. It's been a good week. :)

"As we commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ two millennia ago, we offer our testimony of the reality of His matchless life and the infinite virtue of His great atoning sacrifice. None other has had so profound an influence upon all who have lived and will yet live upon the earth. ...We  bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles— that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son."

I hope you all have a great week! Love you all!

Sister Carley Lundskog
Kirche Jesu Christi HLT
Lommelstraße 7
81479 München 
Deutschland









No comments:

Post a Comment