Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The one where I'm gonna miss this... 12/13/2017

Hey y'all, 

I don't have much time to write so I'll be quick, 

So transfers are on Friday, and I will be going to Bad Säckingen, and... I'm adopting! That means, I'll be finishing training a new sister there. She is from the group that came in 4 weeks ago and I had talked to her the whole train ride to Switzerland. She's really cool and so excited to work hard so we are going to have an awesome time together. 

This last week we had some awesome appointments, and I've loved every second. Saturday we had an ausstellung (street display) and it was so fun, the location was a little pathetic given the permission we received so last minute, but we made the most of it and met some really cool people. We also had our ward Christmas Saturday night and Kalppana came. It was amazing. The ward here is the absolute best and I'm going to miss them all so much. They did a bit of a talent show, and one woman yodeled, and when I told her that sometimes my mom yodels she got excited and said she would love to teach my mother to yodel. (So mom, your yodeling dreams can finally come true, I found you a professional teacher from the Schweiz!) A member also came in playing bagpipes, so it was all around fun. 

We had another lesson with Teame yesterday and passed him off to the elders. It was a really good lesson and even though it was all new to him he seemed to understand it really well. We also had a dinner appointment with the fam Fröhlichs last night, the wife comes from China so she made her families special recipe for spring rolls and I think I ate at least 60. They were so good and there were so many! 

Today we went to the Christmas market in Basel with Kalppana and I wanted to cry when we had to say goodbye to her. I just love her so much and she's such a cute, happy friend that I've made here in Reinach. 

We have some very busy days coming up before I leave and I'm so excited! Sad to leave, but excited to work. 

Love you all, have a great week! 
My dear brothers and sisters, it may be true that man is nothing in comparison to the greatness of the universe. At times we may even feel insignificant, invisible, alone, or forgotten. But always remember—you matter to Him! …God sees you not only as a mortal being on a small planet who lives for a brief season—He sees you as His child. He sees you as the being you are capable and designed to become. He wants you to know that you matter to Him”-President Dieter F Uchtdorf

Sister Carley Lundskog
Kirche Jesu Christi HLT
Lommelstraße 7
81479 München 
Deutschland



No comments:

Post a Comment