Tuesday, February 27, 2018

The one where it may be in the negatives but that still won't stop me from eating ice cream. ❄🍦🍨😊 2/27/2018

Hello friends and family, 

Are you ready for your joke of the week? 
Q: What man in the Bible had no parents? 

Now for the actual email, which is what you all have been waiting for, I know. 
Tuesday after pday we went to a members for dinner, Eivonny. She is so fun and we nerded it out over doterra oils- because turns out she lives for them and I love them. Ah man, doterra connecting people on an interesting level since day 1. Eivonny showed us all her stuff from her mission and I just loved it. I love hearing about people's missions and seeing how much their mission has shaped their lives and decisions. Missions work wonders. I love it! 

Wednesday, Niaga, our recent convert, took us out to dinner for my birthday. We had Sister Cook practice teaching a lesson in German and it was so cool to see her really push herself and find herself able to teach things. Also I broke a cup at the restaurant and it was awful.. this is why we can't have nice things. 

Friday we met with Deyanira (I'm a ninny who can't spell or speak Spanish), and we had such a great lesson. As we were teaching her the power of Jesus Christ's  Atonement and repentance she asked about being baptized. You could just see how the Spirit was working within her, it was beautiful. She came to church on Sunday and was so moved by the spirit and by the idea of eternal families that she just cried. She didn't want to leave church when it was over, she just wanted it to keep going. "Three hours just isn't enough!", I think we all need to develop this attitude towards church, because in reality, 3 hours just isn't enough. 

Yesterday we had zone conference and it was AMAZING. President and Sister Brown are so inspired and I always love hearing from them. I'm so grateful to have them here serving and that I can learn so much from them. 

A: (Joshua, the son of Nun.)

"Don’t waste your time feeling sorry for yourself. Don’t belittle yourself. Never forget that you are a child of God. You have a divine birthright. Something of the very nature of God is within you." -President Gordon B Hinckley. WE ARE CHILDREN OF GOD. 

(Pictures: sunset on the train home from Zurich, sunrise on the walk to our train yesterday, selfies, ice cream, we got smartphones and I got angst (anxiety?), sister Cook lost both of her nametags so we made her a new one while we wait for the order to come in..😂)

Have a great week, I love you all!

Sister Carley Lundskog
Kirche Jesu Christi HLT
Uhlandstraße 24
79713 Bad Säckingen 
Deutschland








No comments:

Post a Comment