Monday, June 18, 2018

The one where Deyanira got baptized 💕 5/29/2018

Hey guys, 

This week has been pretty great! I honestly don't know where it went or how it went so fast but it was good nonetheless. 

The highlight was for sure Saturday. Deyanira got baptized! I was not able to go since it's so far away, but I was able to Skype in for the baptism and talk to her after. She was just glowing and so happy!! It was truly a wonderful time, and I'm sad I couldn't be there, but the joy I feel is still indescribable. I love that woman so much. I was also able to talk to Sis Cook & Sis Cliett! That was pretty exciting, seeing how I love them to death and they are my only "living" companions besides Sis Udy.
After her baptism we had a street display and we were able to talk to Isabella. She reminds me so much of Deyanira and we talked for so long. She told us that she has always gotten criticized for asking questions and she's never gotten the answers she's searched for...until she talked to us and realized that we love questions and helping people find their answers. It's moments like these that make me realize how blessed I am to have the opportunity to give my time and share this gospel. It makes a world of difference and helps literally anyone whether they think they need help or Hey.

Thursday and Friday we had tausch and Sister Lau (one of my MTC companions) and I got to work in Stuttgart and Sister Udy went to Göppingen with Sister Newcomb. It was so fun to see how much she's changed and to talk to people in German. Something we only dreamed of doing in the MTC. We had a first lesson with a man named Hafeez and it was so cool. We gave him a book of Mormon and told him he could keep it and he was so excited!! I love to see people excited about the book of Mormon. 

Today we had district pday and we went and "hiked" to a waterfall. It was beautiful and green and nice to be in nature, but I sure do miss the Alps! 

"Your safety, your peace, your prosperity lie in obedience to the commandments of the Almighty. ...True freedom lies in obedience to the counsels of God. ...Our safety lies in repentance. Our strength comes of obedience to the commandments of God. …Let us stand firm against evil, both at home and abroad. Let us live worthy of the blessings of heaven, reforming our lives where necessary and looking to Him, the Father of us all." - President Gordon B Hinckley I can testify that this is true. We are promised to be protected and to prosper when we are obedient and when we follow the commandments. But of course, we are not perfect and we may make mistakes, that is why Christ died for us, and that is why we were given the chance to repent. It is our safety. But the safest way to be, is obedient to begin with. 

I love you all, thank you for the support, the emails, the prayers, and the love! 
Have a wonderful week!

LG, 
Sister Lundskog 


Sister Carley Lundskog
Kirche Jesu Christi HLT
Lommelstraße 7
81479 München 
Deutschland








No comments:

Post a Comment