Saturday, April 8, 2017

The One With All the Pictures

It's crazy to think that tomorrow will mark 4 weeks of being here in the MTC. It's even crazier to think that in exactly 2 weeks we'll be on our way to GERMANY! I am so excited. This gospel is so amazing and I just want to share it with everyone and let them feel the joy that it brings me! 

This last week has probably been one of the best so far. The spirit has been so strong and we have all grown to love each other so much that it's just wonderful to be here. On Thursday we went on the Church History Tour in England, it was so fantastic! (since it wont allow me to attach more than 4 pictures in an email I'll probably send another email with a few more pictures because IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL HERE, olease bear with me and the double emails today). It was POURING the entire tour, but it was such a fun experience to hear about the history of the church in England, as well as see so many places where Prophets and apostles (such as Gordon B. Hinckley) taught and served their missions. We were also able to go to a really neat chapel (I can't for the life of me remember what it is called) but it was super beautiful. Basically this place is just beautiful. We walked all over Preston, and were able to see so much!! 

Also, could General Conference have BEEN any better? I love how every talk centers around Christ, because that's what makes our gospel our gospel. It's funny to me that so many people don't think we are a Christian church. We rejoice in Christ and speak of him every chance we get. We watched like 10 hours of conference in 2 days and every talk was about Christ. This was the best conference I have ever watched, AND it's the only conference I have been able to watch every session all the way through. It's amazing what really focusing and keeping your purpose in mind can do for you. [If you didn't watch conference---I highly suggest going and watching it or reading the talks once they come out because IT WAS AMAZING.] Whether or not you believe in this gospel, there was something said just for you. Watch, listen, read, do what you must, but try to get some conference in this week. You won't regret it. 

There have been 3 missionaries learning Greek since we got here (Greek is a 9 week program, so they were at week 5 when we arrived.) and they finally left for Greece early this morning. I say finally because 9 weeks is like a lifetime in the MTC and they've been so prepared to go for so long. It was really hard to say goodbye to them, because they feel like family, and none of us know if we'll ever see each other again. The gospel brings everyone so close.They definitely are going to be missed because they are truly fantastic and loved by everyone, but they are incredible missionaries. Greece is soooo lucky to be getting them. The MTC doesn't quite feel the same without them. It's crazy how much of an influence 1 person can have on so many different people. EVERY SINGLE PERSON MATTERS. 

Also, I included a picture of my super cute and super small district because I seriously love every single person in my district. They are the absolute best. (L-R: Sister Lau, [me], Sister Hunter, Elder Steinmann, and Elder Woodsbury.)

I love you all!

Love,

Sister Lundskog





No comments:

Post a Comment