Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The one with the best week ever 10/5/2017

HEY HEY HEY,

This week has been crazy weird but I am filled with so much gratitude for all of the tender mercies! On Monday we randomly got a call from Mero (a former investigator, in August all of our investigators went MIA and we haven't heard from them). We also finally got contact with Sylvia. Anyway, Mero called and he wanted to meet again. Wednesday, Ihsan texted us. Thursday, Christian called about meeting with Manuela again. !!! What !¡!¡

On Thursday we had an incredible appointment with Anastasia. She's read so much in the Book of Mormon! We taught her the plan of salvation and even though so much of it was completely different from what she was taught her whole life she soaked it in. She wanted to study it out and pray about it by herself. She agreed to come to conference! She came to the sisters session and LOVED IT. When we told her there would be another session starting in 30 minutes she was so happy, and stayed for the Saturday morning session. She LOVED IT. She had to leave a little early since she had brought Justus with her and it was getting kind of late, but she said she was going to go home and watch the other sessions online. WHAT? AHH! She is just so incredibly humble and willing to learn, and this gospel is what she has been searching for, and she can see that. I love seeing people find what they didn't know (or did) that they've been missing. I love progress! I'm so sad that I have to be leaving and pass her along to another sister, but the gospel is true regardless of which missionary is teaching it.

Friday we met with Mero for the first time since July. He expresses how he's seen a difference since he's stopped seeing missionaries, and even though he's not fully convinced, he feels strongly that he needs to keep learning and meeting with missionaries until he is. 
We went to the Arnold's for dinner and it's always such a treat to be in their home, they are such an incredible family. I love them, and I'm going to miss them.

Saturday we got transfer calls.... once again, I'll be leaving. I'm not going to lie, I am suuuuuper sad about transfers, I love Munich. I love the people, the ward, and I love our investigators. I don't want to leave. But hey, I'M GOING TO SWITZERLAND! Which means, I get to go to THE TEMPLE! The Bern temple will be the 9th temple I will have gone to this year, which makes me so happy, especially since I haven't been to the temple in 6 months, and also I just love temples! I will be in Reinach, so basically the border of France so maybe I should have taken understanding French at the soup kitchen more seriously. Lol. I'm really hoping the only new language I will have to learn in the next 10 weeks will just be Schweizerdeutsch ...which hopefully won't be as bad as I imagine. 

Sunday we watched the Saturday afternoon broadcast and then between sessions we all went to President and Sister Brown's home for dinner and games, and then ended up staying and watching the Sunday morning session in their home. I cannot express how much I loved that whole experience. After the session we went around and talked about what we got out of conference and it was such a building and uplifting experience. I LOVE THE BROWNS. I LOVE CONFERENCE. I LOVE THE GOSPEL.

Monday we met with Mero again. We also spent about 4 hours trying to Abmeld me from Germany. Suuuuper exciting stuff, so we took some selfies in the corner on the floor, (I just really love how positive and happy my comp is lol). We had a dinner appointment with a member and had raclette! (Suuuuuper good stuff, look it up in your spare time or something). 

Today we finished the raclette leftovers with the Munich 2 sisters. (See the picture, please note the delicious looking mushrooms and meats, ahh sooo gooooooooood). Yummmmmmm. 

So something that really stood out to me from conference was how individual the gospel is. Everything needs to be done through and with God, but we are the ones who allow that to happen, we are the ones who need to invite the spirit, or give our wills to God. We are the ones who need to center our lives on Christ. We are the ones who choose how we will respond to circumstances, whether they are good or bad. We are the ones who have to choose if we are going to read in the Book of Mormon and therefore have our testimonies strengthened, we choose to follow the commandments. We choose, we do, but we are promised so many blessings if we make those decisions or how we choose to live. If we read the book of Mormon we will have a testimony, we will be able to withstand temptations and make better decisions; if we choose to see the positive in things, we will see the Lord's hands in our lives; if we turn to the Lord and place our trust in Him, we can do all things. I am so so grateful for this gospel, and the gift that we have to choose for ourselves, I'm grateful to always be able to learn, and to be given opportunities and tools to do so. I know the church is true, and I know if we incorporate what was spoken about in conference, we will be happier, we will make better decisions, and we will come to know our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ, personally. 

I love you all! Have a fantastic weeeeeeek! 💛

(Pictures: raclette party, last GMK, games & conference at the Browns x2, us with one of the members we visit- Clara, waiting for the bus x2, trying to abmeld..)

Sister Carley Lundskog
Kirche Jesu Christi HLT
Lommelstraße 7
81479 München 
Deutschland










No comments:

Post a Comment