Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The one with all the happenings 9/26/2017

Hey everyone!

THERE IS SUNSHINE IN MY SOUL TODAY ♡♡♡ I hope everyone has had a FANTASTIC week! 

So Wednesday we had a supertausch and I was able to work with Sister La Fontaine again! I freaking love her, we work super well together! Anyway, we helped a member carry literally 200 pounds of stuff to Hauptbahnhof and onto her train, it was super exciting and also straining because it was heavy and we had to carry everything for forever. Hahaha so good. So we had to take some selfies while waiting for her train. 

Friday I started to catch the Wiesngrippe (Oktoberfest flu) basically everyone in Munich has been dying of the flu and it's spreading like crazy because of the millions of people here. Super awesome. But we found some potentials while dooring, blessings!

Saturday we went to a soup kitchen to serve [I love the people there, my first time some of the old homeless guys kept asking for my phone number or to take me home but I actually could not understand them till they repeated it 12 times, but since then they've backed off a bit.] Anyway, the soup kitchen is done by the nuns and then we just get to help. I love nuns. They are the best. Anyway there was a lady there who kept telling me what to do and I could not understand her and it was really starting to bum me out because I didn't understand why I couldn't understand her. Turns out she was speaking French. So I stopped feeling bad and got glad because there's no way I was going to understand that. 

Sunday we had an AWESOME lesson with Anastasia. She is a woman from Uganda that I stopped on the street back in August and she got back from Berlin and was finally able to meet. We gave her and her son a tour of the church, and then talked about what we do as missionaries, gave her a Book of Mormon, and she prayed. She said the most sincere prayer I have ever heard in my life. I have never met someone so prepared for the gospel. We are so excited to continue meeting with her, she's amazing! We are just so blessed to have found her ♡.

Monday we went to Schwester Hellmeiers for lunch and read in the Book of Mormon with her. She is such an awesome lady she's sooo funny I just love her. We have the best appointments. I love the members here, they are all the absolute best. 

Today we went to....oktoberfest for district p day, which turned into zone p day for a quick minute as every missionary in Munich was there. It was the first warm day in forever and we just enjoyed the sun and all the crazy wonderful people here! I love lederhosen! Hahaha it kills me. 

This is God’s work. He wants us to participate with Him and His Beloved Son in bringing the gospel into the lives of all of His children. The Lord has promised us that our joy will be great if we bring just one soul unto Him (see D&C 18:15–16). Let us exercise greater faith and work together, members and missionaries, to bring many more souls unto Him. Let every family in the Church include as part of their daily family prayers a plea with the Lord to go before your family members and help them to find someone prepared to receive the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. -Elder M. Russell Ballard 

DID I MENTION ELDER M. RUSSELL BALLARD IS COMING TO OUR MISSION OCTOBER 20TH?!? WELL HE IS! 

LIFE IS GREAT, live it up, keep it cool, I LOVE you all! Thank you all for your emails and support and love, I'm sorry if I haven't responded to your emails we don't have a lot of time for emails, but I read and appreciate every email! 

Liebe Grüße, 
Sister Lundskog ♡

Sister Carley Lundskog
Kirche Jesu Christi HLT
Francéstraße 6
80997 München
Deutschland









No comments:

Post a Comment