Monday, March 26, 2018

The one where I'll finally be in one place for more than 3 months! 3/20/2018

Hey dear ones, 

This life sure is a fun one, that I certainly do love. We've had so many fun experiences and have just been blown away by the Lord the last two weeks! Here's a few stories... 

So three weeks ago we had planned on getting Deyanira a blessing after church but we don't have any Spanish speakers in our branch so it was going to be in German. But then she hadn't been able to come to church because she was sick. She came the next week and the same day someone who served in Argentina and speaks Spanish was there! She was able to get a blessing in her mother language and the spirit was so strong, wow it was just so cool to see how the Lord works and how His timing works. 

Saturday our branch had a mission activity with workshops and presentations from the missionaries in our district. It was way cool to see how all of the members share the gospel, to hear their ideas, and give them more ideas. Sharing the gospel is not as hard as we make it up to be in our heads ;)

Yesterday while finding we were talking to this guy who speaks French and it was absolutely chaotic because of the barriers but with all the chaos I had pulled out a lot of our resources-book of mormon, pamphlets, and was just holding them as we were talking to this man on the street. Some other man walked by and came back, tapped on the restoration pamphlet that was in my hand and asked if he could have it. He looked like he was having a rough day and really just needed some hope so I gave him it, and then handed him a book of Mormon with a short and simple testimony and them told sister Cook to take over so I could finish talking to the French man. Sister Cook was a little terrified since we haven't done split contacting yet but she did an awesome job. It helped us see that we were in the right place at the right time with the right message. 

Today we went to a members home and she taught us all about healthy eating and how we can do it. We made some food together and it was AMAZING. We made Alfredo sauce from nuts as the base and cucumbers were the noodles, and jams, other sauces, cinnamon rolls out of bananas and dates. It was a very interesting time but way cool.

I don't have much time to write, much like last week, but I love you all and wish you the best! 

“Though I suffered then, as I look back now, I am grateful that there was not a quick solution to my problem. The fact that I was forced to turn to God for help almost daily over an extended period of years taught me truly how to pray and get answers to prayer and taught me in a very practical way to have faith in God. I came to know my Savior and my Heavenly Father in a way and to a degree that might not have happened otherwise or that might have taken me much longer to achieve. … I learned to trust in the Lord with all my heart. I learned to walk with Him day by day.” -Elder D. Todd Christofferson 

(Pictures... Murg, what happens when the members leave the room and there's cucumber noodles, feast of health, classic train pic...)...more to come...stand by ;)

Sister Carley Lundskog
Kirche Jesu Christi HLT
Uhlandstraße 24
79713 Bad Säckingen 
Deutschland












No comments:

Post a Comment