Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The one where you would think we were in a South American mission 3/27/2018

Hey fam, 

I have wanted to do a German transfer for a long time, and Sister Cook has been aware of that. Anyway, we decided (sweet, wonderful, patient, brace, and awesome Sister Cook and I) that this transfer we would do a ONLY GERMAN TRANSFER. it's been so fun! She's only been in the mission for 7 weeks but she's now spoken only German for 7 days! (Besides when we speak to English speakers of course.) I am so proud of her, and I'm enjoying myself silly. The secret to learning a language is speaking it and so that's what we've been doing and we've seen the fruits of our labors. It's like we are in South America or something. 

This transfer we also decided to do as much finding as physically possible. We've fast driven ourselves crazy with how much dooring we did last week, but we have found some really nice people, and had some really great experiences. So let me tell you about two of our nice peeps. 

THOMAS, he was very open to us and did our survey at the door and we just kept talking. I told him we were American and he was actually shocked. He thought it was a joke to keep him talking. Apparently Americans can't speak German. (Proved that wrong, go German transfer!) Apparently he has a second house in California about 10 minutes away from the San Diego temple and he has always found it beautiful and interesting but never knew very much. We gave him a book of Mormon and He gladly took it. He also told us about how he feels towards health and so we gave him a word of wisdom pamphlet. He emailed us back the other day and told us that he will never drink a hot drink again. He's awesome, but sadly going to California again. 

BASIRU, we left our apartment, walked down the street, said hello to a mailman and BAM. We got to talking, exchanged numbers, and then he came to church on Sunday! He's super nice and interested to know more about us as Mormons since he has always seen missionaries and they've been nice, and he even recognized some members! 

This week my heart has actually just wanted to explode. We hadn't seen Deyanira for a couple weeks and didn't have very good contact. I've been praying like never before because it just crushed me and I have so much love for her. She called last night and I was able to talk to her for about 30 minutes about this and that and then she said "tomorrow you'll come to me and we will talk about baptism. I want to be baptized. I have prayed and I have my answer. I want to be baptized." I straight up almost cried. Today we met with her and it was so good to see her again, she is like family. We talked a lot about baptism and how she can do it. When we told her she didn't have to pay or provide anything she was shocked, she asked if she could at least donate some money! Hahaha. She's so precious. We set a baptismal date for May 26, the day after her birthday, because as she said it she would like to be "reborn" and start a new year of life completely fresh and clean. We are so happy for her! My heart is just exploding and bursting at the seams with love and happiness for the help and guidance and answers she as received from above. The Lord works wonders. 

On the way to Deyaniras we were able to speak to a man on the bus and he was so impressed with what we are doing and why that he wants to know more too! We exchanged numbers and talked about an appointment. About 30 minutes later we received a message from him just thanking us for our conversation and saying he was glad to have met us. 

Missions are special, you get to meet so many people who have such a special place in your heart. It doesn't matter if they are companions, other missionaries, members, friends of the church, or just people you talk to on the street, every single one of them is a child of God and it's so crazy how aware of that you can become. I love every person I have met on my mission,  and for the opportunity and privilege to do this work, and to be a representative of Jesus Christ and His church. I just absolutely love this work. It's the Lord's work. It's perfect. His church is perfect. The members are not perfect...if we were wouldnt need the church. But we do need it, and it can help anyone and everyone. It doesn't matter how smart someone is, how much money they have, their education, family situation, gender, ethnicity, background. The church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is for everyone. And can change the life of anyone. 

“Through tears and trials, through fears and sorrows, through the heartache and loneliness of losing loved ones, there is assurance that life is everlasting. Our Lord and Savior is the living witness that such is so.
With all my heart and the fervency of my soul, I lift up my voice in testimony as a special witness and declare that God does live. Jesus is His Son, the Only Begotten of the Father in the flesh. He is our Redeemer; He is our Mediator with the Father. He it was who died on the cross to atone for our sins. He became the firstfruits of the Resurrection. Because He died, all shall live again” President Thomas S. Monson, "I know that My Redeemer Lives!" Liahona May 2007. 

I love you all, and wish you a happy week, a lovely Easter, and an uplifting conference weekend!

With all my love, 
Sister Lundskog ♡

(PICTURES! Patricia and Lani!- Lani reminds me so much of Emma it's crazy!; another great thing to the list of a billion others that make missions great is you learn how to do things and you get to develop talents- now I can make cute paper Easter baskets, thanks to a fun FHV service activity- you can call me crafty; doughnuts for breakfast-health am I right?; Eiken, Switzerland; Zürich, Switzerland) 

PS, I forgot to give a S/O to my Mom and also to Ammon for the yummy packages! Cadbury eggs and sour watermelons always hit the spot! Thanks dle being the best you two! 😊😊

Sister Carley Lundskog
Kirche Jesu Christi HLT
Uhlandstraße 24
79713 Bad Säckingen 
Deutschland







No comments:

Post a Comment