Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The one where meine Mitarbeiterin ist Nüsse gegangen 9/5/2017

[For the record my subject line is not proper German, I am aware of that. Let me have my fun.]

Hey y'all, 

Last week we had dinner with Melinda, she is a JAE (young single adult) and she's working on her papers. We made Käsespätzle together and just talked about missionary work and answered her questions and it's just so exciting! She's such an awesome girl and will make such an incredible missionary! She's going to come finding with us soon just so she can get practice. :)

On thursday we had interviews with president again. President Brown is just so awesome and I'm glad we are given the opportunity to serve with him. It's always good to get more direction and pointers for missionary work. :)

Friday we went to Michael's again and HE HAD GONE TO UTAH AND BROUGHT BACK SOUR WATERMELONS FOR ME. Basically it was the greatest 2 minutes of my life until he took the bag away because he realized I was going to eat all of them without even thinking about it, but it was fun while it lasted... kind of rude to take a gift away but he said it was for the best. 


So this last week we've been with Elena a lot...Elena is a lady we have been helping the past few weeks with writing some proposals. She's not a member but she lives the standards and basically is a member besides going to church and having been baptised... (but She's so cool and shes done so much for the church!? She helped with translating the book of mormon and the gospel principles book into russian?!) She's originally from Russia so English isn't her first language so she just needs help with a few things, which it's lucky for us that my dream used to be to become an editor so we actually just have a lot of fun doing working together and helping her. Every time we go over she always wants to feed us, anyway, on Saturday night while I was just typing up her proposal and making changes where needed she came over and was talking about people and the reason people are so mean is because we eat meat... if people didn't eat meat we'd all be nice and loving. She talked about it for probably 20 minutes and then told me I should bear my testimony about it at church. Trying to be nice because she was obviously very passionate about it I was just like "oh Elena I don't think I have the vocabulary to do that in german." So she told me to do it when I get home as a testimony from my mission. So if someone somehow convinces me in the next year to become a vegetarian y'all know what the subject of my homecoming talk will be. 

Last night we had FHE with a young couple in our ward who have been married for 2 years. It was so fun! They both served missions so we just talked a lot about missions and life before and after the mission. It was cool. We have the coolest members here, I love it. 

Funny story of the week... We were at Jasmins with the elders for our weekly dinner and she was talking so fast in German that I kind of just tuned out.. But then I realized I actually understood everything she was saying and then I looked at the elders and Sister McAllister (all of whom go home in the next couple months) and realized that they had no idea what she was talking about for once. Finally, Elder Jensen asked about what the heck she was talking about so I explained and Jasmin was like ja ja genau. Guys she was talking about uteruses and periods. I learned the word for uterus in the MTC as a joke and that made all of the difference for that one appointment. Lol eeeeek. 

Well I don't have any time (as usual) and we didn't take any pictures this week.. But I hope you all have a fantastic week! Love you all!

President Harold B Lee once said, "This is the principle in action. If you want the blessing, don’t just kneel down and pray about it. Prepare yourselves in every conceivable way you can in order to make yourselves worthy to receive the blessing you seek” just cause you ask for a blessing doesn't mean you'll get it... just like everything else in life, it takes work. But God wants to bless you, so put the work in and you'll be drowned in blessings! 

Sister Carley Lundskog
Kirche Jesu Christi HLT
Francéstraße 6
80997 München
Deutschland

No comments:

Post a Comment