Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The one where I don't have a vegetarian companion anymore so we had a meat fest 11/21/2017



Hey y'all:)

Another fantastic week down. Tuesday night I tausched with the Munich 2 sisters and had my 4th sleepover with Sister La Fontaine on the mission. Somehow we managed to sneak that in there even though we are serving in different zones...and countries. Haha I love Sister La Fontaine and Sister Barnett. We went by on a former investigator couple and that was cool. We looked a little homely carrying around an oven rack, a bag with cake mixes and pans, and me with my suit case but we managed to have a good time. 

Wednesday I got to ride the train back to Switzerland with some of the new missionaries. Their excitement was contagious. It was so fun to talk to them and hear their expectations for the mission. I love the cutie little baby missionaries. ♡♡ I remember being one of them not toooo long ago. Ahh cuties. I picked up my new companion Sister Harwood in Zurich and we traveled back to Reinach together. She's wonderful and we get along great. It's been a fun week together.

Thursday we had absolutely nothing going on... (oops, should have planned for that one better, but you learn something new everyday.) We went street finding in Basel and then went by on some potentials Sister Gach and I had found. It was a good day, and I was able to show Sister Harwood around our area (and the elders area.. ha ha). Oh and we got doored by two JW's, so it was interesting to be on the other side of the door and see what their dooring techniques are. 

Friday we were supposed to have another Skype appointment with Beatrice but she had something come up so we went dooring instead. Then we had GMK with Bruder Preller and his sweet wife and that was great. I love the Prellers so much. Then we did lots of dooring in our area, found 7 cats, got let in, and met this cutie old man who invited us to come back. 

Saturday we helped out with a primary activity making crafts for the ward Christmas party. (How is it almost Christmas?? This isn't real.) We were able to help the kids make their decorations and get to know the primary leaders better since we never see them in relief society. After that we had lunch with the Schaffters and that was good and delicious. The Schaffters are a really awesome family in our ward and they are so supportive of the work, they are the best and I appreciate all they do for us so much! We had to run from their home to catch the bus going to Seewen for an appointment with Markus (a man we found the same day we found Annette. We had given him a book of Mormon and he couldn't stop flipping through it and looking at it, and then we went back 2 weeks ago and he gave his his numbers so we could set something up.) We accidentally got on the wrong bus (totally my fault I was in the middle of texting Sister Hug, who was coming to teach with us and I didn't even look at the bus I just got on and poor Sister Harwood just followed because she's still figuring the area out.) And so we missed our bus and the buses only come once an hour on Saturdays. Luckily Sister Hug is the best and loves us and has a car so she came and got us and we were very punctual to our appointment. Markus let us in, and then said "so since we set up this appointment, I've been trying to decide what I want to talk about with you guys." So our plans went a little out the window as he had something planned. But it went pretty well. He told us that about 2 weeks before Sister Gach and I came to him he had been asking for direction, and help. And then we showed up and he kept asking who sent us. The whole appointment he just kept asking why we had chosen to talk to him, or to go to his house. Why him. I think it became very clear to him that God knows who he is, and answered his plea for help. In the lesson Sister Hug gave such a powerful testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. It's such a special thing to have members teach with you, and the members here are so willing and excited for missionary work!

Sunday we met with Leonie, a girl the sisters had found in the summer. She was soo open with us and we're hoping to find time to meet with her again before I leave! In relief society we did "speed friendshipping" which is basically just speed dating but making friends, it was so fun to talk to some of the women in our ward I haven't quite met yet. And it was quite funny, Sister Lucas had passed out bags filled with questions so we had to use those and go from there. Some of the old ladies were so confused, but some absolutely loved it and went crazy, it was hilarious. Never a dull moment in FHV. 

Monday we had district meeting and it was sooo good. Also we have a "new missionary" in our district and it was cute to watch him try and speak German and get the hang of things. Aaahh the good old days of not understanding a thing. One of the members from the Basel ward came in while we were eating lunch and I got to talk to her and she told me her life story and I just love her. She was so sweet, cutie old ladies have my heart. We went streeting in Basel and met some cool people, and then we went dooring in Reinach and found some potentials. While we were in Basel some students stopped us to do a survey. This week has definitely been a turn of events, we got doored and stopped on the street. Hahaha ahh so fun. Oh and a high tech bathroom in the middle of the city almost ate my companion. That was funny too. 

Today we spent the day at the temple and I loved every sacred second. I'm sad that I may not be able to come to the temple again on my mission, but it was a lovely day. While we were in the temple changing to go in this woman came and started talking to us, she was looking at Sister Harwood so I just kept doing my thing but I realized that Sister Harwood didn't understand her so I started listening and realized the woman wasn't speaking German, she was speaking Italian and she wanted us to do some of her family names. So I told her we would do them, and she handed us each a name and disappeared. (Don't ask me how I did that because I don't know.) On our way to the temple we saw our friend Kalppana and invited her to our church's thanksgiving potluck and told her she could bring a friend...she said she would come and she already has a friend she's wanting to invite! Ah she's the best. 

It's been such a wonderful week, with so many wonderful people! 

"During an informal fireside address held with a group of adult Latter-day Saints, the leader directing the discussion invited participation by asking the question: “How can you tell if someone is converted to Jesus Christ?” For forty-five minutes those in attendance made numerous suggestions in response to this question, and the leader carefully wrote down each answer on a large blackboard. All of the comments were thoughtful and appropriate. But after a time, this great teacher erased everything he had written. Then, acknowledging that all of the comments had been worthwhile and appreciated, he taught a vital principle: “The best and most clear indicator that we are progressing spiritually and coming unto Christ is the way we treat other people.”" -Marvin J Ashton.  
How we treat people shows people so much more what we believe than anything we say. One can say they believe in Christ but their actions may say otherwise. Be kind, be wise, and love everyone. 

Have a great week everyone! Love you all! 

Liebe Gruße,
Sister Lundskog ♡

Sister Carley Lundskog 
Kirche Jesu Christi HLT 
Lommelstraße 7
81479 München 
Deutschland









No comments:

Post a Comment