Monday, June 12, 2017

The one where I get to stay in Vienna! May 30

Well.
This week has been an awesome one. As usual. Because missionary work is awesome. It's definitely summer now and we nearly die of heat strokes everyday but it wouldn't be fun if there weren't any challenges right? Makes us grateful for the things that we do have! 

So Thursday we had austausch and we Tausched with our STL'S who live in Wiener Neustadt. Sister Hill went there and worked with Sister Renner and Sister Call came and served with me here in Wien 1! Sister Call is from Poland and the ZL's have an investigator from Poland so Sister Call and I actually went to a lesson with them. Because Sister Call could help with the small language barrier. It was really interesting. Anna was a total sweetheart (English/polish lesson so I understood all but the polish...) 

Somehow we ended up at like 2 different "riots" this week, but I'm not sure if you could even call them riots because Austrians just don't riot the way the rest of the world does. Also neither Sister Hill or I understood what they were even saying so we aren't sure what that was all about. But that was...different. 

Saturday we had transfer calls, I will be staying in Vienna for at least another transfer! (still waiting on that visa though...) Sister Hill and I are excited to continue working together!

Sunday we had dinner at Baagii and Richard's again. I love her. I would probably live in Vienna forever if I could just stay with her. She's the absolute best. 

ALSO WE HAD NINE INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There wasn't enough seats for everyone during Sacrament, it was amazing. We have been so blessed. It was a miracle. 

So we have 5 investigators currently, all of which speak English with us.. So German isn't coming along too quickly for me.. But we do have a recent convert and a potential investigator that we speak German with, so all hope for German hasn't been lost. yet.   

So I don't really feel like writing today.. so I am sorry about that. but enjoy several pictures. 

*funny stories of the week:
1. while meeting with Andy she kept saying a word and every time I was like 'that word sounds so familiar' but I just couldn't place it. She had been saying some random German words with her English so I was figuring maybe it was a German word I just couldn't remember....it wasn't. It was the s word.
2. that's all.

"Let our lives reflect our love of the Lord by being obedient to the commandments and reaping the promised blessings both in this life and in the life to come." -Robert D. Hales

have a great week everyone!

-Sister Lundskog







No comments:

Post a Comment