Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The One Where the World Needs More Kindness...

Hello everyone, 

Yesterday was my two month mark, which totally blows my mind! the days are long but the weeks are fast and the months are even faster!

Yesterday I got an email about one of my old friends from ucas who committed suicide. I know that there's not anything I could have done but it's still something that has just been really hard. For those of you at home and dealing with that, my heart is with you all. Please be so kind to everyone around you, let them know you love them and find ways to show you care. You never really know what someone is going through or how they are feeling, but how you treat them and make them feel can make a huge difference. Thomas S. Monson in this last conference spoke about how the world needs more kindness and charity. I definitely recommend going back and reading that talk. Evaluate where you're at, and do better. We can always do better. We can always find ways to show love and kindness.

So now for the other stuff..

Saturday the stake had a 175th birthday party for the relief society! It was an all day ordeal since members have to travel from so far. We went for the last part since we had studies and such in the morning.. as it ended up we made it there in time for dancing, which was the funniest thing ever. There are so many older and ollllddd ladies that are members and we could not stop laughing. We learned a German dance and they had a swing dance, it was all women and it was just hilarious.  Nobody had any idea what was going on. 

Saturday night we had a "sportabend" so a sport night, it was all of the missionaries in Vienna who wanted to come and whoever else we could get to come (members, investegators, random people off the street..) it was so fun! One of the sisters just talked to random people on the way there and ended up getting 4 guys to come and play for a while. It was an interesting night but way fun. 

On Sunday, the recent convert (he got baptized mid february) we have been teaching each a week had the privilege of passing the sacrament! It was way cool, and he was so excited!
Also on sunday, we decided to go out dooring before we went to a members for dinner... it was sunny but I figured I'd take my jacket anyway because evenings get cooler and also it rains randomly.. well when we were about 7 minutes away from our apartment it just started POURING. Everyone outside started screaming and running as if they were going to die by getting a little wet.. as you can tell we got more than a little wet.. hahahaha my skirt was drenched and my coat soaked through. Mission life, gotta love it. 

{For all of my cute friends who are thinking about starting mission papers/are working on them/about to leave on your missions I've been gathering together your questions and putting together things I wish I knew beforehand, ways to prepare, and whatnot. So if you want to be a recipient of that, let me know and I'll send it to you. 😊}

For those of you questioning if you want to go on a mission, please read the talk "The Question of a Mission" by Gordon B. Hinckley. It was in the April 1986 general conference and is a really great talk. Here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1986/04/the-question-of-a-mission?lang=eng 

For the rest of you, I invite you to go and read "The Power of the Word" by President Ezra Taft Benson. It was a talk for the April 1986 Priesthood Leadership meeting, but President Benson wanted it included in the conference reports as well. It's old, but it's still incredibly relevant and powerful. Here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1986/04/the-power-of-the-word?lang=eng

I wish I could email each one of you and express how much I've appreciated you in my life and just let you know the impact you've made, but I don't have the time. So please, just know that I really love each of you and you've changed my life. You're all loved and cared for dearly. 

Don't forget to be more kind, more loving, and more charitable towards everyone you meet. Let's make the world a kinder place and hopefully save some lives. (Spiritually and temporally). 

Love, 
Sister Lundskog 💕

Ps. I included a picture of the wall in our living room. I'm pretty sure it's Schwarz, but it's apparently been there for years.. I haven't added to it, and don't plan on it. But enjoy looking at our graffiti.  😂






No comments:

Post a Comment