Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The One With Faith

Hello everyone!

This week has been interesting! We have gone to a really pretty park almost everyday, and well, we try to talk to people... Usually people will look at us and just walk away, or they say "ich habe kein zeit" [I have no time]. or "Ich brauche nicht" {basically I don't need that} It's really exciting. On Friday, we met this really cute lady from Kenya. She was walking her baby around the park. We asked her what brings her peace and she asked us to say it in English.. Then she asked us if we wanted to walk around with her and talk more about God and what brings us peace. We walked with her for probably 30-40 minutes and just talked about faith and God and our experiences with His love and blessings. She has been a Christian her whole life and absolutely loves God. She took a card from us but she is pretty rooted as she is. But it was just a really great experience, because so many people we try to talk to about Christ say stuff like "I have no interest" "I don't need that" and stuff like that, which is heartbreaking because we all need Christ. So being able to talk to someone and talk about Christ was just 100% needed for us at that point.

So you know how kids like to stand over air vents and have the air blow their clothes up? and how for girls it was always fun to wear a flowy skirt and do that? Well, that is what everyday is like in Austria. Except...It's not as exciting as it used to be when your skirt blows up to your face... We are constantly trying to keep our skirts down on the days that we don't wear pencil skirts.. It's hilariously frustrating. 

Sister Hill and I have been living off of banana muffins {she has the best recipe ever, and we seriously just make them and eat them, it's like a banana muffin factory in our apartment during dinner & journal writing time... so so so so good.} Also, we have had a bunch of chocolate left over from Easter that members had given Sister Hill and her previous companions, so the other night I just decided to try some.. and anyway, they have chocolate with poprocks inside of it. I was so confused when I first was eating it because there was a weird tingling in my throat and then the chocolate in my mouth started popping.. I thought I was crazy so I made Sister Hill try one, I wasn't crazy. It's like the most exciting chocolate ever! We are going to try to find more so we can send some home and also keep having popping chocolate parties in our mouths. 

We had dinner appointments with members several times this last week and everything was sooo good! Our members are absolutely wonderful and the ward is so strong! We've had really great discussions with members over dinner about the gospel and it's just so amazing to see what others have gone through and where they are now. The gospel really does change and shape lives. It's incredible!

On Saturday night we had dinner with this wonderful member from Mongolia, named Baagii, and her husband Richard. Anyway, while we were talking about faith, her brother who was in the other room farted SO LOUD. I tried to keep a straight face and act like I didn't hear it since nobody reacted to it in the room... but then I made eye-contact with Baagii and accidentally cracked a smile and she just cracked up laughing. While Sister Hill and Richard were still talking about faith she whispered to me "that was my brother...he farted" and just giggled.. I responded with "I know, it reminds me of home" and she just got so excited and giggled some more but gave me a high-five because that is her goal. To make her home feel like home to the missionaries, and if farting is what that takes, then so be it. Also she told me that next time we come over it better be me farting instead of her brother. 😂

I absolutely love it here, I love the people, I love the place, I just love it all!

I love you all and hope you are all doing wellll!

For our Pday today we went to Schönbrunn Castle and walked around the gardens, so there is a selfie from that, and then a picture of dooring earlier this week. :) I'll send more pictures of the castle when my tablet works since my pictures are on my camera. These are from Sister Hill :)

ALSO, during personal study the other day I came across a scripture that my sister, Amielee, had shared with me while she was on her mission. It really stuck out so I am going to share it with you all now, as a nice closing spiritual thought. 
It is Mosiah 2:41 "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

Love,
Sister Lundskog




No comments:

Post a Comment